15 Favorite Things:
(In no particular order)
15. Will’s Eye View: I had never expected to start this blog. The only reason I even created it was for it to be a site to post shorts stories, most of which revolved around the novel that Michala and I have written. While I am still working on getting those short stories on here this blog has taken turns I have not expected. I had never planned to be very active on this blog, but I have gather way more followers than I ever expected. That has give me a reason to pay more attention to this site. I am excited to see what is to come.
14. Doctor Who: As if you didn’t see this coming. It is no secret that I think the greatest show to ever hit the airwaves is Doctor Who. If you wish to see my thoughts on the show please check out my other blog Bite My Book.
13. WWE: I have been watching wrestling ever since I was a kid. It was one of the few things that my father and I ever bonded over. I know how most people view wrestling, but I could really careless. I was raised on professional wrestling and I will always be a fan.
12. Roleplaying Games: If you haven’t guessed it by now, I am a nerd. I love to play roleplaying games, with Dungeon and Dragons being my favorite. It has been years since I played, when I stopped Wizards of the Coast was just getting ready to release Third Edition. But if I had the chance I would pick up a d20. To give you and insight about how big of a roleplaying game fan I am, there was one group that I belonged to that we would play straight through a weekend. Only taking breaks to sleep and get food.
11. Internet: With all the information in the world available at my finger tips, how could I not include the information super highway. But in reality I use the internet to watch British television and to play games.
10. Netflix: On Netflix I can watch whole series of televisions shows at my own pace.
9. 1976 Ford F100: While I no longer own this truck, it was one of the most favorite vehicle I have ever owned. I love muscle cars, and while this pick up truck doesn’t fit in that category, its V8 390 cid engine had enough horsepower to rival any muscle car. I wish I had owned that truck longer than I did, there were so many things I wanted t0 do to it. Part of me would love to have another truck just like it, but with today’s gas prices it wouldn’t be practical as an everyday vehicle. But maybe someday as show truck.
8. My Laptop: The first time I ever came into close contact with a laptop I wanted one. Many years ago my sister was home for Christmas and her husband had one. I don’t know exactly what it was, maybe just because it was an electronic device, but I had to have one. When I was getting my degree in electronics I had a chance to get a laptop through the school and I took it. Ever since then I have only owned laptops.
7. Rock music: Sure I also like Classical music and the Blues as well. But there is just something about Rock n Roll, it just speaks to me. Like no other forms of music it gets into my soul, it knows how to move me. And no matter what the mood I am in, there is always a song to go with it. It has truly been the soundtrack of my life.
6. Video games: I have never been all that good at video games, to be honest I pretty much suck at them. But I still love to play them. I am so bad at video games that I think that the very first video game (and the only 8 bit game) that I ever beat was Double Dragon on my SEGA Master System. I had been playing video games for years by that point, either in the arcade or on home system. The very first home system my family owned was the Atari 2600. But no matter how much I suck at video games, I still enjoy playing them.
5. Mysty: I was never a cat person, but since we took Mysty in almost a year ago I can’t help but love that little fur ball.
4. My Followers: Without you I do not know how much attention I would pay to this site. I am grateful for each and everyone of you and hope you continue to find what I have to say interesting and entertaining.
3. Bite My Book (http://www.bitemybook.com): While not my first attempt at a blog, it has been my most successful. It has been my honor to work along side two wonderful women, my writing partner Michala and long time friend Julie. Bite My Book might be a small blog but it has come a long way in such a short time. Not even a year old and it has garnered numbers I had not expected at this time. It has been a great experience. I hope that it continues to grow as we continue to learn more about this whole blogging experience.
2. My writing partner: For the past year I have had the pleasure of working with and getting to know one of the best individuals I have ever known in my life. And to think none of this would ever have been possible if I hadn’t answered an ad in Craigslist looking for a writing partner. In the past year we have gone from stranger, to business partners to Michala being one of my very best friends. I couldn’t think of anyone I would rather be working with.
1. The Rinse of Suppression: This is probably the thing I am proudest in my life. Even though this is Michala’s baby, I am happy to have been along for the ride, and to have been able to contribute to her vision. TROS is the first novel that I have ever seen through to completion. Having been part of this whole experience has taught me I do have what it takes to write a novel. When I started out I had my doubts that I could produce enough words to complete a novel. But 150,000+ words later (before editing) I no longer have such fears. Here’s to finally completing our journey by getting this book published and moving forward with the Watcher’s series.